Skills: Listening, speaking, writing.
Summary: Students watch a short video about the United Nations sustainable goals, followed by discussion and written reflection.
1. Practice listening comprehension.
2. Raise awareness of issues related to sustainability.
3. Discuss in groups, negotiating, ranking, synthesizing.
4. Reflect on contemporary issues.
5. Present ideas to the group.
6. Express ideas clearly through writing.
Time: 60 minutes (not including the follow up).
1. Students write numbers 1-17 as a vertical list on a piece of paper, then watch the 17 sustainable goals at the link below (scroll down to video)
2. Students write the name of each goal next to the number. The video should be played 2-3 times until most of the students have most of the goals.
3. In groups, they work to complete their lists.
4. Show the complete list of goals at the link below, and explain what each one means, as needed.
5. Group discussion: Which are the 3 most important? Groups feedback to class.
6. Follow up/homework: Students choose one goal that is most meaningful to them and explain why. This can be in the form of a short oral presentation or a piece of writing.
Further resources: Information about peace day at link below: